The Bureau of Traffic Planning & Control provides for a safe and efficient transportation network through the following activites:
- Installation, operation and maintenance of traffic control devices including traffic signals, traffic signs, and pavement markings.
- Investigate complaints and requests for new and/or changes to existing traffic control devices.
- Prepare traffic studies including capacity analyses, traffic counts, speed surveys, and accident analyses.
- Provide illumination of City streets through the installation and maintenance of street lights.
Is there a Street Light outage you would like to report?
To report a street light out please call Traffic Planning & Control at 610-437-7735. You will need the following information:
- Exact location of the street light
- The pole number (if possible)
To report Traffic Signal Issues
To report a Traffic Signal issue please call Traffic Planning & Control at 610-437-7769. You will need the following information:
- Exact location of the traffic signal
Missing Street Sign or New Installation Requests
To request a new street sign or to request a street sign please call Traffic Planning & Control at 610-437-7735.
TRAFFIC CONTROL DEVICES:
- There are 195 signaled intersections in the City of Allentown.
- There are 49 flashing School Warning Devices in the City of Allentown.
- There are 15 other flashing devices such as pedestrian crossings.
- There are 32 miles of painted double yellow center lines in the City.
- There are 9 miles of skip white and long white lines.
- There are 348 intersections with painted crosswalks.
- There are 227 Left/Right turn arrows and ONLY'S.
- There are 7961 Street lights in the City of Allentown.