Jane Heft and Susan Rutt, Co-Chairs of Arts Ovation, announce that nominations are now being requested for awards to be presented at the Allentown Arts Commission’s Annual Celebration.
The public is invited to submit their nominations in writing or via email in the following categories:
1. OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN VISUAL ARTS: May be an individual and/or arts organization
2. OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN PERFORMING ARTS: May be an individual and/or arts organization
3. OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN LITERARY ARTS: May be an individual and/or arts organization
4. OUTSTANDING SERVICE: May be an individual or organization that has had a major impact on the arts through exceptional service, volunteerism or leadership
5. OUTSTANDING PHILANTHROPIST: May be an individual, business, corporation, or foundation that has provided extraordinary support for the arts.
6. OUTSTANDING TEACHER IN THE ARTS: An individual who has taught the arts in K-12 education or in higher education and had an outstanding impact on their students
7. EMERGING ARTIST: An award given for an emerging talent
Only fully completed nomination forms will be considered.
The established guidelines state the eligibility for awards: arts organizations or individuals whose achievements have had a significant and positive impact on the citizens of Allentown and the quality of life in Allentown’s cultural community. Award recipients will be selected from the nominations received by the Arts Ovation Committee of the Allentown Arts Commission., and must attend the Arts Ovation event on May 9 in person to accept the award.
Nominations must be submitted by no later than February 1, 2017 at 5 pm. Each must contain the name, address, phone number and email of the nominee, as well as the specific category of the nominee. A brief summary is requested stating why the nominee meets the qualifications for the award. Name, address, phone number and email of the nominator are also requested. Applications for nominations are available by emailing Susan Rutt at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 610-791-3497. For information on sponsorship of Arts Ovation 2017, please contact Jane Heft at 610-625-5522, email@example.com.