July 4th Pet Parade
The City of Allentown is partnering with the Lehigh County Humane Society to invite owners to bring their pet, dressed to impress, to the July 4th Red, White and Blue Street Festival along Linden Street at J. Birney Crum Stadium for a Pet Parade. The parade will kick-off the festival, allowing owners to show-off their proud pet for all to see.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: Best Pet and Pal Combo, Best in Show and Most Patriotic Pet.
Registration opens at 4:00pm. The parade steps-off at 4:30pm. Pets and their Pals should gather by the East Entrance (Gate 1) of J. Birney Crum Stadium to prepare for the parade.
• Pets MUST be leashed (if retractable, must be able to lock on short setting) or if they do not use a leash, otherwise properly restrained.
• Pets MUST be up to date on vaccinations, people friendly and nonaggressive.
• Please, no animals in heat or under four months of age.
• Water bowls will be provided for pets.
• Pals are responsible for their pet’s behavior, as well as for cleaning- up after them.
• Other animals, like cats and rabbits, can participate but must be restrained or ride in a “float” (wagon, carrier, or other non-mechanical vehicle).
For more information: contact City of Allentown Special Projects Manager Serena Davis at Serena.Davis@allentownpa.gov or 610-437-7757.
Posted in: Homepage
, Parks & Recreation
| View Count: (6543)