Asphalt Maintenance Solutions, Inc. of Emmaus is getting the city’s 2021 Street Maintenance Program underway.
This week, crews are notifying residents in project neighborhoods, installing signage, milling-off thermoplastic markings, and weed wacking curb lines.
Oil and chip seal coating will begin next week in the following areas:
Monday August 9, 2021
- Springwood Dr. – Springhouse Rd. to Cul-de-sac
- Chew St. – Springhouse Rd. to Cul-de-sac
- 37th St. – City Line to Cul-de-sac
- Aster Court – Chew St. to Cul-de-sac
- Evening Star – Park Vista Terrace to Cul-de-sac
- Park Vista Terrace – Springwood Dr. to Cul-de-sac
- 36th St. – Springwood Dr. to Cul-de-sac
- 25th St. - Greenleaf St. to Highland St.
- Union St. – 24th St. to Reading Rd.
Tuesday August 10, 2021
- S 12th St. – Jefferson St. to Lehigh St.
- S 12th St. - Lehigh St. to Around Island
- 17th St. – Sumner St. to Walnut St.
- Liberty St. – 17th St. to Albright Ave
Wednesday August 11, 2021
- Sumner Ave. – 6th St. to 17th St.
- Congress St. – Airport Rd. to Plymouth St.
A final finish coat of slurry seal or a fog seal will be applied beginning the week of Monday, August 16. The affected streets will have to be temporarily closed while the seal is applied, and a four-hour set time will be needed until the roadways will be able to accept traffic.
The maintenance application is low-cost treatment to preserve and extend the life of the city’s roadways.
The total project cost is $619,583. Some $611,000 comes from city capital funds with the balance coming from the Municipal Liquid Fuels Program.
photo: Asphalt Maintenance Solutions