The Allentown Police Department is accepting applications for the 2020 Citizens Police Academy.
This training is not designed to certify citizens to perform Law Enforcement services. Its purpose is to enhance community relations and provide citizens with insight into the Criminal Justice System.Our Citizens Academy will run Tuesday, and Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm from October 27 to December 22, 2020
The academy classes will be held at the Allentown Police Academy, 2110 Park Drive, Allentown, PA 18103. Beginning Tuesday, October 27 and concluding Thursday, December 22.
Topics will include:
• Crime Scene Processing
• K9/Arson Dog Demonstration
• Youth Division
• School Resource Officers
• Defensive Tactics - Use of Force
• Traffic - Bikes, Motorcycles & DUI Arrests
• Criminal Investigations
• Emergency Response Team
• Police Scenarios
• History of the Academy - Training, Certifications, etc.
• Vice & Intelligence Search and Seizure
• Firearms & Firearms Safety
• Emergency Vehicle Operation
• Gang Unit
• Lehigh County Coroner
• APD Hiring Process, Polygraph, etc.
• Computer Crime Lab
• Body-Worn and In-Car Cameras
Information and applications can be found on the Allentown Police website - https://www.allentownpa.gov/Police/Police-Academy/Citizens-Police-Academy or at the City Hall Information Desk.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, October 16 at 4:30 p.m.
For questions, contact Officer April Knerr at 610-439-5961 or email April.Knerr@Allentownpa.gov
Allentown residents and Crime Watch group members will be given priority.