COVID-19 SAFETY VIDEOS
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an international public health emergency and has been declared a pandemic.
Updated 3/30/2020 : 1:30 p.m.
GREEN PHASE FOOD FACILITIES
GREEN PHASE CHILD CARE FACILITIES
- Food and Childcare establishments with licenses expiring in March or April have been extended to June 30. For a list of facilities providing take-out or delivery service, please go to the COVID-19 Resource Hub on the City’s homepage
- The Bureau reminds Food and Childcare establishments to follow the food code, practice social distancing and to monitor Pennsylvania's Corona Virus website and CDC recommendations for changes in guidance.
- All Childhood Immunization appointments are Canceled until further notice.
- All Adult Immunization Appointments are Canceled until further notice.
- Low-Risk Tuberculosis Screenings are Canceled until further notice
- Until further notice, Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) screenings are limited to only patients with symptoms AND by appointment only. If you have STD symptoms, you must call 610-437-7760 x4131 to schedule an appointment.
- Treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) are by appointment ONLY. You must call 610-437-7760 x4131 to schedule an appointment.
- All educational programming in the community have been canceled until further notice.
- If you have a breast problem and don’t have health insurance, please call 610-437-7513 x3510. Please leave a message if the call goes to voicemail – a staff person will get back to you as quickly as possible
- Routine breast and cervical cancer screenings (mammograms and Pap tests) are suspended until further notice.
- All requests for home-based needs are being evaluated on a case by case basis. Please call 610-437-7760 for information.
Allentown Health Bureau will make announcements when the services can be resumed.
For updates, please check this page regularly and follow us on Facebook.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
To learn more about Coronavirus, please visit
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Pennsylvania Department of Health
The Allentown Health Bureau's mission is to prevent disease and injury and to protect and promote the public's health.
Board of Health
An advisory group of community volunteers responsible for recommending policies and program priorities of the Bureau. The board meets the first Thursday bi-monthly at 12:00 Noon Public Health is for Everyone.
The three core functions of public health are:
- Assessment of the population's health status
- Development of public policies to maintain and promote health
- Assurance that the population has access to public health services