Skip to Content
  • Contact Us
  • Text Size - Metro Government of Allentown (Print logo)

Child Care

In addition to the Department of Human Services daycare registration, the Allentown Health Bureau registers and inspects all family child care facilities, group child care homes, and child care centers within the city limits of Allentown. An inspection of the food service at these facilities is also conducted, but a separate food license is not required.

Opening a family child care facility, group child care home, and a child care center requires approval from several city bureaus.

The process to open a child care center is slightly different from that of a family or group home child care facility. Below you can find a step by step guide of the process for opening a family or group home facility and contact information for all bureaus. Please call the Allentown Health Bureau with questions regarding child care centers.

Opening a Family or Group Home Child Care Facility in Allentown

Información para abrir una guardería de niños para familias o grupos en la ciudad de Allentown

Contact the Pennsylvania State Department of Human Services at 1-800-222-2108 for information on Pennsylvania State Child Care Facility Registration.