The purpose of SCAN – Security Camera Assistance Network program is to assist Allentown-based businesses to fortify their existing security initiatives with video surveillance. Video surveillance has proven to be effective in the deterring, capturing and prosecution of criminal activity. The SCAN specified video surveillance system will assist the Allentown Police Department in further reducing the criminal activity within our city by making video available to them when a crime has been committed within the business’s vicinity. The program awards applicants up to 50% of the total cost of the surveillance equipment and installation, for a maximum reimbursement of $3,000 for a single commercial property.
Applicants must be in good standing with the City. (Current on city taxes, fees and licensing, no pending litigation, and have matching funds).
1. Contact Allentown’s Department of Community and Economic Development at (610) 437-7610 to request an application.
The application will require:
a.Pictures of the building indicating where the surveillance camera will be located, and at least one picture showing the entire façade of your building.
b.Documentation from the property owner (if not the applicant) authorizing the proposed work.
c.Two estimates from licensed vendors detailing the SCAN Minimum Specified System. (Two exterior cameras, two interior cameras and a digital video recorder (DVR). The application contains a list of requirements for surveillance system equipment.
2. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Daniel Diaz, Department of Community and Economic Development, 435 Hamilton Street, 3rd floor, Allentown, PA 18101. Inadequate applications will not be considered.
3. A team consisting of The Chamber of Commerce, Allentown Police Department, and DCED Representatives shall review the application and determine grant awards based on criteria outline scoring grid.
4. An award letter will be sent specifying the amount of reimbursement.
5. Prior to the camera installation, the selected licensed vendor must contact Allentown Police Department to review and confirm the compatibility of the equipment with their software.
6. Following installation, the awardee shall submit:
City of Allentown - 435 Hamilton Street - 610-439-5999