The mission of the Allentown Police Department is to preserve the public peace and order, to protect life and property and to enforce the laws of the United States, Pennsylvania and the City of Allentown.
To achieve this mission, we commit to these specific values:
- We value our staff and trust their ability to resolve problems and set an example for the public to follow.
- We recognize the importance of partnering with the community through crime prevention and educational programs that aid in accomplishing the police mission.
- We strive for excellence and are committed to continuous improvement.
- We are committed to the protection of individual basic human rights.
- We encourage diversity among our department members and the community we serve.
- We reorganize the department based on team work and collaboration as a means to achieve our success.
- We maintain integrity, fairness, and open communication.
- We insist on courteous and respectful interaction with all people.
- We are concerned with the safety of all of our citizens, especially children.